ABOUT ME - MISS SKIP A DE

My name is Miss Skip A De. You can see my pedigree here at ALLBREEDPEDIGREE.

I was born on March 2, 1990. I originally came from the midwest but ended up at a well-known Maine dealer in 2003. I was sold from that dealer (the Dark Barn) but came back through a buy from another dealer in March of 2009.

Someone didn't take very good care of me and something was happening to my eyes. When they tried to sell me at the "dark barn" again, no one wanted me. I couldn't see very well and my legs and feet hurt, so I didn't move right either. The people at the "dark barn" told the others that my eyes were just fine. They let people ride me, but I was really scared because I don't know where am was going. I can see somethings - dark blurry things, parts of things. So when they rode me, I wasn't always as calm as I should be.

And when they took me out of the "dark barn" into the bright sunlight - OUCH! That made me squint, it didn't feel so good.

I was scared, hungry, thirsty and tired. People would come and look at me, and try to ride me, but they always put me back in the barn.

I heard someone say, "She'll end up going on a truck North." I am not sure what that meant, but deep in my bones, I knew it was not a good thing.

Then one day two humans came into the dark barn where I was tied. I looked over my shoulder at one of the humans when she walked by. I kept trying to get her attention. I wanted out of there so bad. I knew that my days were numbered and if someone didn't get me out of there soon, my fate would be grim!

The two humans left and I was scared again. Three days past. My feet were getting more sore, my tummy rumbled and I was so thirsty! They gave me food and hay and allowed me to drink from time to time at this dark barn, but really not enough. Maybe enough for a healthy horse, but I wasn't feeling well and needed more.

Then some other humans came by to see me. This time they put me in a trailer. I didn't feel scared. I was sure this trailer wasn't heading "North." Well, we were headed north, but not the scary "north!"

The ride seemed to go on an on. Finally we stopped and they wanted me to come out of the trailer. I had to back up. But I couldn't see very well. It was dark and, as I said, my eyes aren't very good. But I could tell these humans wanted to help me so I put my trust in them and they helped me off the trailer.

They led me to a roomy stall with soft shavings for bedding. There was a big bucket of water and a pile of hay for munching. I am not sure where I am, but I know I am not "up North" at the scary place.

Friday, May 29, 2009

WOO HOO - We went for a RIDE TODAY!!!


What a great day I had. We went for a trail ride! Do you like my pink bridle? I think it's beautiful, just like me!

Even though it was a little rainy, that didn't stop us. No sir! Audrey rode Skoran, her beautiful chestnut arab gelding. I pretend to not like Skoran, but actually, I think he's kind of cute. I kept my eyes on his cute bum the whole time! Andrea rode me. I took very good care of her, because I could tell she was a bit nervous, due to my failing vision. She did very well and didn't fall off or anything! Behind us was Susie and Bud - he lives in the stall next to me and I always steal his food through the missing board at the bottom of my stall (tee hee) - I am very grumpy to him in the barn, but on the trail, I know my job and I was all business. No grumpiness here!

I was SO HAPPY to be out doing my job again. I walked through water, past dark scary shapes, I followed Skoran the whole way. I can trot very nicely and will do so if I lag behind a little. But if you ask me to stop, I will. I love my pink hackamore bridle!

Audrey says I am ready to find a forever home. I really like it here, but I know Audrey has so many others to care for. I would love to be someone's special horse. If you don't mind that I can't see so well anymore, and you have a nice calm horse that I could follow behind, maybe we could meet and have a test ride? Audrey said that you could come and visit me a bunch of times so we can get to know one another. I don't cost any money. Audrey just needs to know I will go to a place who will love and care for me forever. I love going on trails, but I can ride in a ring too. Just give me a chance? (and I hope you like Wheat Thins, because I really like them too).

No comments:

Post a Comment